What Treatment is Included in the Program?
Services for basic dental treatment, such as check-ups, x-rays, fillings and extractions will be included in the CDBS. High end services, such as orthodontic treatment are not included. The total benefit entitlement will be capped at $1000 per child over a two year period, however eligibility will need to be determined.
How Do I Know if I am Eligible for the CDBS?
Eligibility is determined each calendar year however funds are valid for two calendar years. A child is eligible if they are aged 2–17 years for at least 1 day of the calendar year, are eligible for Medicare and are either part of a family receiving Family Tax Benefit Part A or one of the following Australian Government payments:
- Youth Allowance
- Disability Support Pension
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Carer Payment
- Double Orphan Pension
- Veteran’s Children Education Scheme, if the child is 16 years or over
- Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme, if the child is 16 or over
You should ensure that your details are up to date if you think you or your child may be eligible.
- To update your details with Medicare, phone the patient helpline on 132 011.
- For FTB-A matters, phone Centrelink on 136 150.
To learn more, please contact us or visit the Department of Health's website here.